Monday, May 29, 2006

What is Google?

I believe most of you who are reading this will know what is Google/Google Desktop, what is Operating System (OS) all about.

I am working on this Google Project for the company X I work for. This morning, I received an urgent notice, our big boss want this Google to be implemented in this region as soon as possible.

In order to get thing done, I need help from this "Software Engineering Dept". So, I wrote an email to them including their manager. After a while, I received a call from the manager, let’s call her "Nah Jie" (Sister Nah) here.

Nah Jie: "I got your email regarding this Google. Can you tell me what Google is?"

Me : "Google Project is search engine etc..including Google Desktop, Google Tool Bar.."”
I explained to her.

Nah Jie: "Oh, I see. Google is a search engine. Google Desktop…. What? You are launching a new Desktop model and you want my team to perform.....… Sorry, we got no extra resource or bandwidth to support you for this project. Please do proper planning for your project before.... "”

Me : "Google Desktop is not a real desktop, it is a software application."

Nah Jie: "Oh, sorry la, I confuse. I didn'’t know that. OK, no problem, we can help you."”


What! a software engineering dept. manager that doesn'’t know what Google is!? Gosh!!
I hope she knows what Firefox Web Browser is! Or maybe she doesn't know that at all.

Firefox is a type of fox, its mouth can blow fire ball!" LOL...

It is a shame being a Software engineering manager who working in software dept, an IT based company, doesn’t know about this and never update their knowledge.

Later on, I heard from someone from her team, Few years ago, we she attending a job interview, the interviewer asked her: "What Operating System you are using?"
She asked back, "What is Operating System?"

OMG.!

"Goo.gle Dekstop. New Desktop Model. Designed for idiot Proof!" LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home